Here are some practice pieces I’m working on using the same pewter thread I use for my Saami Inspired Bracelet projects. This type of knot work is a replication of “posaments” or decorations found in Viking graves from the 9th and 10th centuries in Sweden. While I’m using pewter thread, ancient posaments were actually created using gold and silver wire and were used for embellishing clothing. I’ve had to practice the knot patterns beforehand using leather cord and I’m still learning!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- You’re Going to Love This….. March 2, 2018
- A History of Tin Thread Embroidery of the Sámi People January 27, 2018
- Saami Inspired Bracelets are Great for Folks with Jewelry Allergies January 5, 2018
- New blog post 1-2-2018 January 2, 2018
- New Saami Bracelet Kits in Fantastic Colors! October 21, 2017