Here are some practice pieces I’m working on using the same pewter thread I use for my Saami Inspired Bracelet projects. This type of knot work is a replication of “posaments” or decorations found in Viking graves from the 9th and 10th centuries in Sweden. While I’m using pewter thread, ancient posaments were actually created using gold and silver wire and were used for embellishing clothing. I’ve had to practice the knot patterns beforehand using leather cord and I’m still learning!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Add some color to your pewter thread bracelets with colored cord. May 6, 2017
- Steps on how to create a double four-strand pewter thread braid May 2, 2017
- New Twists on Saami Inspired Four Braid Pewter Thread Bracelets March 29, 2017
- It’s “knot” easy! Pewter thread Viking posament practice. February 22, 2017
- Share your projects and ideas on our Saami Inspired Crafts Facebook page! February 7, 2017