Here are some practice pieces I’m working on using the same pewter thread I use for my Saami Inspired Bracelet projects. This type of knot work is a replication of “posaments” or decorations found in Viking graves from the 9th and 10th centuries in Sweden. While I’m using pewter thread, ancient posaments were actually created using gold and silver wire and were used for embellishing clothing. I’ve had to practice the knot patterns beforehand using leather cord and I’m still learning!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Sometimes it’s nice to be invisible..this may help! January 18, 2019
- Lanesboro Jewelry Artist Wins International Award July 18, 2018
- Saamisupplies.com Now Offers Imitation Reindeer Hide and Kits. May 2, 2018
- You’ll Love Happy Spring Things March 30, 2018
- You’re Going to Love This….. March 2, 2018