Here are some practice pieces I’m working on using the same pewter thread I use for my Saami Inspired Bracelet projects. This type of knot work is a replication of “posaments” or decorations found in Viking graves from the 9th and 10th centuries in Sweden. While I’m using pewter thread, ancient posaments were actually created using gold and silver wire and were used for embellishing clothing. I’ve had to practice the knot patterns beforehand using leather cord and I’m still learning!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- New Saami Bracelet Kits in Fantastic Colors! October 21, 2017
- Get some class! Crown Trout Jewelers to host Saami Inspired Bracelet Class October 3, 2017
- Saamisupplies.com announces International Shipping Service August 30, 2017
- Great Makers Exchange at the American Swedish Institute Minneapolis, MN August 3, 2017
- Saami Inspired Bracelet Repair Tips and Tricks June 22, 2017